Just a thought

Let's not judge one another, let God do the judging.

Friday, January 4, 2019

He loves us

photo credit
Good morning Blogging friends, it's Friday thank goodness. The children went back to school (Kindergarten and 9th grade) yesterday.  Needless to say it's always an adjustment to get everyone back on page when we have long breaks like that.  I was happy for the holiday and the break though.  I still take them to school because well, he's in kindergarten and well .. I'm that parent. 

So I've been reading and praying and just trying to make myself available for God to speak to me.  Giving myself the time and the stillness  to discern His will for my life. If you read my previous blog you noticed my feelings of being forgotten and lost. 

An update to that is that I'm feeling better. God has really been showing me some things and I praise His name for that, because we all know how it feels to feel lost and unlovable. 

But today's post, it will be short I promise. I mentioned that I've been reading more since the last post. I actually stumbled upon a book I'd purchased a while back because I saw it somewhere online and it looked good. So I found it on my shelf and last night as I'm working on my work stuff I decided I'd pull it out, blow the dust off and really get into reading. It worked!  I read half of the book in one night, while my late night kid watched kitten videos on youtube kids.  I tell ya, if this kid naps he doesn't like going to bed, but avoiding napping is hard because well... we still have to venture out to pick the kids up in the afternoon. 

Back to what I was saying, I power read through the book, loving it and not wanting to put it down. I caught myself crying at her stories of sadness and crying tears of joy as she and her children approached a man in the cafe and asked him if he knew Jesus. 

But the most profound, thought provoking point she made in the early chapters of her book was a reference to Adam & Eve.  We all know the story, Adam and Eve the first man and woman.  They lived in the garden of Eden with God. Adam and Eve were free to do what they wanted but their only command was not to eat from a certain tree. We're aware that it didn't work out that way and sin entered the picture and they ate of the tree.  Now here's where I always believed that because they disobeyed God was angry and made them leave the garden. Their lives would be hard, women would suffer child birth, they would have to work hard and that they would die.  But last night in her book, she said something else.  That God loved Adam and Eve so much that he made them leave the garden, because the garden contained the tree of life.  The tree of life would have them live forever, but because of their sin they were apart from God. God loved them so much that he'd have to leave Him because His plan was to send His Son to save the world.

I thought this was a really neat perspective on the subject of Adam and Eve and their sin. This isn't to imply that God is OK with sin, but that He loves us.  Sin is forgivable, but we must first repent of it. 

What are your thoughts?

ps. I've decided to put a hold on my bachelors degree in order to devote more time to the One who really deserves it.  I've neglected that in my desires to further my education.  He's really speaking to me lately.

When's the last time you heard God's voice in the darkness?

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see that the attitude is changing. I had to teach my son recently that God doesn't change the circumstance, He changes the person.

    God always has loving reasons for dealing with those who know him. The Adam story is just the same. And think of all the ways he tried to get Cain to turn from his path of destruction!

    And for your closer question, tune into tomorrow's Sunday Message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, I will check out your post. Thanks for always following along my journey!

      Delete