Just a thought

Let's not judge one another, let God do the judging.

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Jesus in the Old Testament



I'm curious to dig deeper in the Word and see how many more I can find.  The studies I'm working on with our connections group as well as Church History is helping. 
I've always been curious about those who came before me and those who were martyred for their beliefs, of course I'm getting a dose of a little of each.  Because most of those who came before us were martyred for their beliefs.

Can you imagine denying our Father, for no reason other than to save ones own rear? 
 Yea, me neither.

This week alone the pieces from each (my group and studies) have kind of come together, don't you love when that happens? 

"I saw in the night visions, and, behold. one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him." 
the next verse is even better... 
"And there was given him dominion, and glory, and kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed."

Daniel 7:13-14

Tonight question in my readings on the Church Fathers, is the Old Testament really about Jesus or is it about Gods work among the Jews.

Crazy right, 

I've heard it said and preached that Jesus was the topic of the Old Testament. It's awesome to read it for yourself and go oh... ok, now I get it. 
Ahhhh that moment. 

Thank you Jesus. 


Pray for us, we're leaving for Florida in a few days.  It's only about an 8 hour car ride, straight through. I imagine with 4 kids and a grumpy me it will be more like 10-12 and a vow never to go at it again.  Keep us in your prayers as we travel and you know the Florida weather... never can tell. My oldest boy has learned a good deal about hurricanes and all that, we should be safe. 

Be blessed yall, thanks for reading. God is good, all the time. 




2 comments:

  1. First thought- yeah, I can imagine someone committing that denial- Peter basically did it.

    Second thought- I grew up Catholic, and the stuff I had to learn "on my own" after 8 years with nuns at my elbow would astound you. So, yeah, I really get "that moment."

    Ah, yes, Florida in early summer. Doorknobs that burn your hand INSIDE the house, and some form of rain- 2 minute sprinkle to 2 hour downpour- right at 2 PM. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to talk more about Catholics. For whatever reason it's really been on my mind. Message me or email, I'd love to ask you a few questions and learn more about their beliefs exactly. Florida wasn't bad, better than the weather in GA, or so I hear :)

      Delete